I’ve been having some fun over the last few weeks doing something completely different. As the saying goes – a change is as good as a rest – and I felt like doing something other than C&Gs coursework. I’ve had the book Creative Cloth Doll Faces by Patti Medaris Culea for some time now. I bought it after I made my mask and was interested in faces. So I decided to have a go. This was just a practice doll so I was using up scraps of my fabric for dyeing. I think she turned out quite well for a first attempt. I know where the problems are now. I used paint sticks for the face rather than the suggestions in the book. I need to work on the technique for the face. She looked worse before she had hair though. The mop head toned down the face a bit.
‘scuse her nakedness – I’ve not got around to sampling clothes yet!