Final treatment of my yardage

I think one could say that I have produced my first piece of art cloth. It was a rather unconventional process as the last step was dyeing the background colour. I was really trying for a paler background, but my dyeing is never an exact science. My note taking is just not structured enough and then I tend not to keep the samples like you’re supposed to either. So results are always a bit of a surprise.

I have dyed with this combination of blue and black dye before, but I don’t remember the colour being quite like this. Never mind I like the finished piece of fabric. I think the printing really pops out now. I was certainly surprised at how different the printing appears on the blue/grey background compared to the undyed fabric.

My only problem now is that I have no idea what to use the fabric for. I didn’t have any particular project in mind. It started out as a sample to try out the various screen printing techniques. I didn’t have very high expectations of the results. That it turned out so well (to my mind) is an unexpected bonus.

Comments are closed.